SandsRx Pharmacy offers both Non-Sterile and Sterile compounding services.
Pharmacy compounding is the ageless art and science of preparing personalized medications for patients. The practice dates back to the very beginning of the pharmacy profession. It was the standard means of providing prescription medications before pharmaceutical companies started mass-producing drugs. Those commerical drugs can no longer meet the needs of all patients individually because they are limited in their number of strength and dosage forms available. This is due to distribution, storage, stability, and profitability issues.
With new technology and techniques, compounding pharmacists are able to make customized medications to meet the specific needs of their patients. Individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient. Our compounding specialists can prepare medications free of problem causing excipients such as sugar, lactose, dyes, alcohol, or preservatives. Our ultimate goal is to work closely with the health care practitioners to create the best medication for each patient.
Sterile Compounding Dosage Forms:
- Injections (aqueous and oil vehicles)
- IV admixtures
- Ophthalmic (solutions, suspensions, sprays, and ointments)
- Irrigating Solutions
- Inhalation solutions (multiple ingredients can be combined to improve compliance)
Non-Sterile Compounding Dosage Forms:
- Oral capsules, tablets, lozenges, and liquids
- Topical creams, ointments, sprays, and gels
- Specialty deodorant sticks or lipstick forms
- Oral mouthwashes
- Medicated lollipops
- Vaginal & Rectal suppositories
Benefits of Working with a Compounding Pharmacy:
- Compounded prescriptions can be customized to different formulations that are easier to administer. For example, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the medication can be formulated as a cream or gel.
- Flavoring can be added to make drops and lozenges more palatable.
- Preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions can be compounded for sensitive patients such as gluten, dyes, lactose, sugar, corn, or alcohol.
- Patients are less likely to experience side effects if their prescriptions are tailored to their individual needs.
- The dose can be fine-tuned as a patient’s needs change or to match a patient’s preferences and absorption abilities.
- Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for convenience and better patient compliance.
Please contact our Compounding Specialists for more information on how we can help you. Visit one of our locations to learn more about SandsRx Pharmacy and our commitment to you and your family.