SandsRx Pharmacy offers both Non-Sterile and Sterile compounding services in Texas and throughout the US.
Are you looking for a pharmacy that can compound medications? Pharmacy compounding is the ageless art and science of preparing personalized medications for patients with unique needs. The practice dates to the very beginning of the pharmacy profession and was the standard means of providing prescription medications before pharmaceutical companies started mass-producing drugs. Those commercial drugs can no longer meet the needs of all patients individually because they are limited in the strength and dosage forms available. This is due to distribution, storage, stability, and profitability issues.
With new technology and techniques, compounding pharmacists are able to make customized medications to meet the specific needs of their patients. Individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient. Our compounding specialists can prepare medications free of problem-causing excipients such as sugar, lactose, dyes, alcohol, or preservatives. Our ultimate goal is to work closely with the health care practitioners to create the best medication for each patient.
Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Dosage Forms:
- Injections (aqueous and oil vehicles)
- IV admixtures
- Ophthalmic (solutions, suspensions, sprays, and ointments)
- Irrigating Solutions
- Inhalation solutions (multiple ingredients can be combined to improve compliance)
Non-Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Dosage Forms:
- Oral capsules, tablets, lozenges, and liquids
- Topical creams, ointments, sprays, and gels
- Specialty deodorant sticks or lipstick forms
- Oral mouthwashes
- Medicated lollipops
- Vaginal & Rectal suppositories
Benefits of Working with a Compounding Pharmacy like SandsRx:
- Compounded prescriptions can be customized to different formulations that are easier to administer. For example, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the medication can be formulated as a cream or gel.
- Flavoring can be added to make drops and lozenges more palatable.
- Preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions can be compounded for sensitive patients such as gluten, dyes, lactose, sugar, corn, or alcohol.
- Patients are less likely to experience side effects if their prescriptions are tailored to their individual needs.
- The dose can be fine-tuned as a patient’s needs change or to match a patient’s preferences and absorption abilities.
- Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for convenience and better patient compliance.
At SandsRx, we know how stressful this process can be. That’s why we offer compounding services and personalized care to everyone who walks through our doors. We work with patients and doctors to provide custom-made medications that meet their unique needs. Whether you need help with fertility treatment, medical dermatology medications, hormone replacement therapy for men and women, pain management, or more, our pharmacists are highly trained and they deliver sterling service to help you get the prescriptions you need, every time.
SandsRx offers a wide range of services including custom medication formulations, patient counseling materials such as dosing instructions or medication guides, educational resources like access to an online library containing hundreds of articles written by industry experts on various aspects related to pharmacy compounding practices; plus much more. Our team is always ready and willing to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to reach out anytime by contacting any of our compounding pharmacies near Dallas. We have three convenient locations in Wylie, Frisco, and McKinney, TX. Let us know how we can serve you.