SandsRx compounding pharmacy near Dallas, Fort Worth, and the entire DFW metroplex offers expert custom compounding for all your urology prescription needs. Our goal is to help improve the quality of life of our patients and to make your experience with our pharmacy as easy and efficient as possible.
What is Urology?
Urology is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the urinary tract and urogenital system. Urology specialists at a compounding pharmacy are trained in the treatment and management of these disorders. Common urological conditions that require compounded medications include kidney stones, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and conditions that cause urinary obstruction. Many urological conditions can be effectively managed with the proper medications, and in some cases, urologists may work with a compounding pharmacy to prepare custom dosage forms for their patients. Ed treatment, for example, may involve the use of customized delivery methods that are not commercially available. By working with a compounding pharmacy, urologists can ensure their patients receive the best possible care. SandsRx compounding pharmacy partners with urologists to treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Bladder/Urinary Tract Infections
- Prostate Infection
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Hyposexual Desire Disorder (HSDD)
- Benign Prostate Enlargement
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Control Problem
- Bladder Leakage (Incontinence)
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
Why Choose SandsRx Compounding Pharmacy for your Urology Medications?
At SandsRx, we treat our customers like family. Our compounding pharmacies in the Dallas-Ft Worth area will work closely with your urologist to develop a custom medication that will fit your precise needs. It is critical that you choose a compounding pharmacy like SandsRx that has the operational expertise and experience to provide you with the highest quality sterile compound. We take our compounding operations very seriously; we’ve put in the effort to achieve multiple accreditations in our field and a Board-Certified Compounding Sterile Pharmacist oversees our operations. Our compounding pharmacies are in Wylie, Frisco, and McKinney, TX, but we serve patients throughout Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, and all of Texas. We are also licensed to ship medications to most of the 50 states.
SandsRx Pharmacy’s compounding operation is nationally accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), and is LegitScript Certified. This means that we follow the industry’s best practices and meet the highest national standards for organizations in our field. For SandsRx compounding pharmacy, only the best is good enough.
Urology Medications Testing and Quality Assurance
We are committed to ensuring that our sterile and non-sterile compounded medications for urology are safe, effective, and meet the highest quality standards. We use a combination of peer-reviewed literature and our own stability studies to support the integrity of our medications. Our Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs include product verification, routine testing, in-process controls, and a rigorous inspection process by our specialized sterile compounding pharmacy team. We will prepare your medication in the correct dosage, concentration, and form.
Compounded Urology Medication Dosage Forms
- Nasal Sprays
- Oral Liquids
- Rapid Dissolve Tablets
Commonly Prescribed Compounded Urology Medications
To help treat ED, low testosterone, kidney stones, bladder infections, andropause, and more, SandsRx helps compound the following:
- Trimix Injection
- Bi-Mix Injection
- Tadalafil Capsules
- Tadalafil Oil Suspension
- Tadalafil Rapid Dissolve Tablets (Troche)
- Testosterone Cypionate in Ethyl Oleate Oil (Injection)
- Testosterone Cream
- Oxytocin Nasal Spray
- Oxytocin Troches
- Bremelanotide Troches
- Bremelanotide Nasal Spray
How to Prescribe a Compound with us
- Fax the Rx to our compounding pharmacy team: (855) 385-9990 (Fax)
- Send us an e-Prescription through your EMR System (See Instructions below)
- Call our Compounding Team Directly: (972) 805-8685 (Phone)
e-Prescription Instructions through your Electronic Medical Record System
1. Locate the correct SandsRx Compounding Pharmacy location in Texas
- In your EMR system look for this SandsRx Pharmacy location as identified below:
- SandsRx, 4 Regency Drive, Wylie, TX 75098 (972) 535-2020
2. Select Medication and Provide Dosing Instructions
- Search for one of the ingredients of the compound (“Trimix” for Papaverine-Phentolamine-PGE1 ) and select compound from EMR list (if the formula is loaded into your EMR System). If the formula is not loaded in your EMR system, please refer to our Prescription Referral Form.
- Select correct Quantity to be used
- Provide instructions for use (ie: Inject X units(s) by intracavernosal route as directed. May titrate up by X unit intervals to MAX does X units.)
3. Include Pharmacy Notes
Please include in the “Notes to the Pharmacy Field”:
- Dispense SandsRx Compound (ie: “TRI-MIX (PAPAVER-PHENTOL-PGE1) 150MG-5MG-50 MCG INTRACAVERNOSAL SOLN (VIALS(S) OF 1”) Needed only if formulation cannot be selected in EMR. For more information, please refer to our SandsRx Prescription Referral Form.
- Medical Necessity: (ie: patient cannot tolerate commercial formulation, ect.)
Please note: financial/economic reason is not valid *Required
- Patient Allergies *Required
- Ship to Patient or Doctor, Bill to Patient or Doctor *Required
- Start Date
- Dispense Compound Trimix 30 mg – 1 mg – 10 mcg, intracavernosal solution (6 ml vial) with administration supplies.
- Secondary treatment indicated
- Allergies – aspirin OR no Known Drug Allergies (if applicable)
- Ship & Bill to Patient
- Start Date: 07/15/2021