SandsRx Pharmacy offers expert custom compounding for all your Urology prescription needs. Our goal is to help improve the quality of life of our patients and to make your experience with our pharmacy as easy and efficient as possible.
Common Urological Conditions
Urology is the medical specialty that treats the functions and disorders of the urinary and reproductive systems. Urologists will prescribe medications to treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Bladder/Urinary Tract Infections
- Prostate Infection
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Hyposexual Desire Disorder (HSDD)
- Benign Prostate Enlargement
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Control Problem
- Bladder Leakage (Incontinence)
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
Why Choose SandsRx Pharmacy for your Urology Medications?
At SandsRx Pharmacy, we treat our customers like family. Our compounding team will work closely with your Urologist to develop a compounded dosage form that will fit your precise needs. It is critical that you choose a pharmacy like SandsRx that has the operational expertise and experience to provide you with the highest quality sterile compound. We take our compounding operations very seriously and we’ve put in the effort to achieve multiple accreditations in our field. A Board-Certified Compounding Sterile Pharmacist oversees our compounding operations.
SandsRx Pharmacy’s compounding operation is nationally accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), and is LegitScript Certified. This means that we follow the industry’s best practices and meet the highest national standards for organizations in our field. For SandsRx Pharmacy, only the best is good enough.
Testing and Quality Assurance
We are committed to ensuring that our compounded non-sterile and sterile products are safe, effective and, meet the highest quality standards. We use a combination of peer reviewed literature and our own stability studies to support the integrity of our products. Our Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs include product verification, routine testing, in-process controls, and a rigorous inspection process by our specialized sterile compounding team. We will prepare your medication in the correct dosage, concentration, and form.
Compounded Urological Dosage Forms
- Nasal Sprays
- Oral Liquids
- Rapid Dissolve Tablets
Commonly Prescribed Compounded Medications
- Trimix Injection
- Bi-Mix Injection
- Tadalafil Capsules
- Tadalafil Oil Suspension
- Tadalafil Rapid Dissolve Tablets (Troche)
- Testosterone Cypionate in Ethyl Oleate Oil (Injection)
- Testosterone Cream
- Oxytocin Nasal Spray
- Oxytocin Troches
- Bremelanotide Troches
- Bremelanotide Nasal Spray
How to Prescribe a Compound with us
- Fax the Rx to our Compounding team: (855) 385-9990 (Fax)
- Send us an e-Prescription through your EMR System (See Instructions below)
- Call our Compounding Team Directly: (972) 805-8685 (Phone)
e-Prescription Instructions through your Electronic Medical Record System
1. Locate the correct SandsRx Pharmacy location in Texas
- In your EMR system look for this SandsRx Pharmacy location as identified below:
- SandsRx, 4 Regency Drive, Wylie, TX 75098 (972) 535-2020
2. Select Medication and Provide Dosing Instructions
- Search for one of the ingredients of the compound (“Trimix” for Papaverine-Phentolamine-PGE1 ) and select compound from EMR list (if the formula is loaded into your EMR System). If the formula is not loaded in your EMR system, please refer to our Prescription Referral Form.
- Select correct Quantity to be used
- Provide instructions for use (ie: Inject X units(s) by intracavernosal route as directed. May titrate up by X unit intervals to MAX does X units.)
3. Include Pharmacy Notes
Please include in the “Notes to the Pharmacy Field”:
- Dispense SandsRx Compound (ie: “TRI-MIX (PAPAVER-PHENTOL-PGE1) 150MG-5MG-50 MCG INTRACAVERNOSAL SOLN (VIALS(S) OF 1”) Needed only if formulation cannot be selected in EMR. For more information, please refer to our SandsRx Prescription Referral Form.
- Medical Necessity: (ie: patient cannot tolerate commercial formulation, ect.)
Please note: financial/economic reason is not valid *Required
- Patient Allergies *Required
- Ship to Patient or Doctor, Bill to Patient or Doctor *Required
- Start Date
- Dispense Compound Trimix 30 mg – 1 mg – 10 mcg, intracavernosal solution (6 ml vial) with administration supplies.
- Secondary treatment indicated
- Allergies – aspirin OR no Known Drug Allergies (if applicable)
- Ship & Bill to Patient
- Start Date: 07/15/2021