Few things are more important to a person than their vision. SandsRx compounding pharmacy will work with your physician to make sure you get the highest quality of care.
What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology is the medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and diseases related to the eyes. This can include everything from basic vision conditions such as cataracts, dry eyes, glaucoma, and styes, as well as more complex ocular diseases like macular degeneration or macular edema. Whether treating simple symptoms or conducting complex procedures, ophthalmologists use a variety of tools and techniques in order to improve eye health. Ophthalmologists may also refer patients to special compounding pharmacies like SandsRx, which specialize in ophthalmic compounded medications. These may include medications such as eye drops, ointments, or sprays. By combining clinical expertise with cutting-edge technology, we tirelessly to combat vision problems and support overall eye health. SandsRx is a trusted compounding pharmacy near Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, serving ophthalmology patients throughout Texas and the United States.
Common Eye Conditions Treated By Our Compounding Pharmacies
Ophthalmology and optometry specialists offer compounding services to help treat a wide variety of conditions and diseases of the eye. We will partner with your physician to compound medications for the treatment of:
- Dry Eyes
- Fungal Eye Infections
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
Why Choose SandsRx as your Ophthalmology Compounding Pharmacy?
Many physicians and patients choose compounding pharmacies to provide custom compounded medications for different medical conditions. However, compounding ophthalmic medications are less common. This is because state and federal regulations require pharmacies to use specialized equipment and extreme sterile environments to prepare compounded eye medications. Therefore, there are fewer ophthalmology compounding pharmacies when compared to other types of specialties. It is critical that you choose a pharmacy like SandsRx that has the operational expertise and experience to provide you with the highest quality sterile compounding medications. A Board-Certified Compounding Sterile Pharmacist oversees our ophthalmology compounding operations so you can trust our products are made with only the highest standards of quality assurance.
SandsRx compounding pharmacies are nationally accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), and are LegitScript Certified. This means we follow the strictest practices and meet the highest national standards for organizations in our field. For SandsRx compounding pharmacies, only the best is good enough. This is why we’re trusted by ophthalmology patients in Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, and the entire state of Texas.
Testing and Quality Assurance
Our number one priority for our patients is ensuring our compounded sterile products are safe, effective and, meet the highest quality standards. Every time, for every patient. In addition to our accreditations, we use a combination of peer-reviewed literature and our own scientific studies to support the quality of our medications. The Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs at SandsRx include product verification, routine testing, in-process controls, and a rigorous inspection process by our specialized sterile compounding team. We will prepare your medication in the correct dosage, concentration, and form for your personal needs.
Sterile Compounded Dosage Forms For Ophthalmology Medications:
- Eye Drops
Commonly Prescribed Compounded Medications for Dry Eyes, Eye Infections, Styes & More:
- Autologous Serum Eye Drops for Dry Eyes
(Custom made from Patient’s own blood)
Click here for Patient Medication Information
- Atropine Sulfate
- Fortified Vancomycin
- Fortified Tobramycin
- Fortified Cefazolin
- Fortified Gentamicin
How to Prescribe a Compound For Ophthalmology Medicine with us:
- Fax the Rx to our Compounding team: (855) 385-9990 (Fax)
- Send us an e-Prescription through your EMR System (See Instructions below)
- Call our Compounding Team Directly: (972) 805-8685 (Phone)
e-Prescription Instructions through your Electronic Medical Record System
1.Locate the correct SandsRx Pharmacy location in Texas
- In your EMR system look for this SandsRx Pharmacy location as identified below:
- SandsRx, 4 Regency Drive, Wylie, TX 75098 (972) 535-2020
2. Select Medication and Provide Dosing Instructions
- Search for one of the ingredients of the compound (“Atropine” for Atropine Sulfate) and select compound from EMR list (if the formula is loaded into your EMR System) If the formula is not loaded in your EMR system, please refer to our Prescription Referral Form.
- Select correct Quantity to be used
- Provide instructions for use (ie: Instill X drops(s) into affected eye X times a day)
3. Include Pharmacy Notes
Please include in the “Notes to the Pharmacy Field”:
- Dispense SandsRx Compound (ie: “Atropine Sulfate”) Needed only if formulation cannot be selected in EMR. For more information, please refer to our SandsRx Prescription Referral Form.
- Medical Necessity: (ie: patient cannot tolerate commercial formulation, etc.)
Please note: financial/economic reason is not valid *Required
- Patient Allergies *Required
- Ship to Patient or Doctor, Bill to Patient or Doctor *Required
- Start Date
- Dispense Atropine Sulfate 0.01% (0/1MG/ML) ophthalmic solution (5mL container)
- Patient needs a lower dose
- Allergies – aspirin OR no Known Drug Allergies (if applicable)
- Ship & Bill to Patient
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
Compounding Pharmacy Near Dallas-Ft Worth, TX
SandsRx compounding pharmacies are proud to have achieved both the PCAB and NABP’s compounding accreditations. We are committed to operational excellence, patient safety, and quality of care. Achieving the PCAB and NABP accreditations are a testament to our dedication to the safety and well-being of our patients. It’s just a couple of the reasons why we’re a trusted compounding pharmacy for Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, and all of the DFW area. We are humbled and proud to serve the patients throughout Texas. And we take a lot of pride in forming true relationships with our patients, even when life takes them elsewhere – so see which states we can ship medications to as well.