Few things are more important to a person than their vision. SandsRx Pharmacy will work with your Physician to make sure you get the highest quality of care.
Common Eye Conditions
Ophthalmologists and Optometrists specialize in the prevention, detection, and treatment of conditions and diseases of your eyes, tear ducts, and eyelids. Your physician will prescribe various medications to treat conditions such as:
- Dry Eyes
- Fungal Eye Infections
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
Why Choose SandsRx as your Ophthalmic Pharmacy?
Many physicians and patients choose compounding pharmacies to provide custom compounded medications for different medical conditions. However, compounding Ophthalmic medications are less common. This is because state and federal regulations require pharmacies to use specialized equipment and extreme sterile environments to prepare compounded eye medications. Therefore, there are fewer Ophthalmology compounding pharmacies than for other types of specialties. It is critical that you choose a pharmacy like SandsRx that has the operational expertise and experience to provide you with the highest quality sterile compound. A Board-Certified Compounding Sterile Pharmacist oversees our compounding operations.
SandsRx Pharmacy’s compounding operation is nationally accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB), National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), and is LegitScript Certified. This means that we follow the industry’s best practices and meet the highest national standards for organizations in our field. For SandsRx Pharmacy, only the best is good enough.
Testing and Quality Assurance
We are committed to ensuring that our compounded sterile products are safe, effective and, meet the highest quality standards. We use a combination of peer reviewed literature and our own stability studies to support the integrity of our products. Our Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs include product verification, routine testing, in-process controls, and a rigorous inspection process by our specialized sterile compounding team. We will prepare your medication in the correct dosage, concentration, and form.
Sterile Compounded Ophthalmic Dosage Forms:
Commonly Prescribed Compounded Medications
- Autologous Serum Eye Drops for Dry Eyes
(Custom made from Patient’s own blood)
Click here for Patient Medication Information
- Atropine Sulfate
- Fortified Vancomycin
- Fortified Tobramycin
- Fortified Cefazolin
- Fortified Gentamicin
How to Prescribe a Compound with us:
- Fax the Rx to our Compounding team: (855) 385-9990 (Fax)
- Send us an e-Prescription through your EMR System (See Instructions below)
- Call our Compounding Team Directly: (972) 805-8685 (Phone)
e-Prescription Instructions through your Electronic Medical Record System
1.Locate the correct SandsRx Pharmacy location in Texas
- In your EMR system look for this SandsRx Pharmacy location as identified below:
- SandsRx, 4 Regency Drive, Wylie, TX 75098 (972) 535-2020
2. Select Medication and Provide Dosing Instructions
- Search for one of the ingredients of the compound (“Atropine” for Atropine Sulfate) and select compound from EMR list (if the formula is loaded into your EMR System) If the formula is not loaded in your EMR system, please refer to our Prescription Referral Form.
- Select correct Quantity to be used
- Provide instructions for use (ie: Instill X drops(s) into affected eye X times a day)
3. Include Pharmacy Notes
Please include in the “Notes to the Pharmacy Field”:
- Dispense SandsRx Compound (ie: “Atropine Sulfate”) Needed only if formulation cannot be selected in EMR. For more information, please refer to our SandsRx Prescription Referral Form.
- Medical Necessity: (ie: patient cannot tolerate commercial formulation, etc.)
Please note: financial/economic reason is not valid *Required
- Patient Allergies *Required
- Ship to Patient or Doctor, Bill to Patient or Doctor *Required
- Start Date
- Dispense Atropine Sulfate 0.01% (0/1MG/ML) ophthalmic solution (5mL container)
- Patient needs a lower dose
- Allergies – aspirin OR no Known Drug Allergies (if applicable)
- Ship & Bill to Patient
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
SandsRx is proud to have achieved both the PCAB and NABP’s compounding accreditations. We are committed to operational excellence, patient safety, and quality of care. Achieving the PCAB and NABP accreditations are a testament to our dedication to the safety and well-being of our patients.