HRT For Men
What is Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy?
The goal of Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is to restore and maintain hormone balance with hormones that have similar chemical structures to the hormones produced by the human body.
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy involves the use of natural, plant-derived hormones. These hormones that occur naturally in the body cannot be patented. Manufacturers lack the financial incentive to commercially market these substances.
While more and more U.S. physicians are becoming aware of these natural hormones, European physicians have been prescribing them for many years. These hormones can be custom compounded to match each patient’s individual needs and body chemistry, instead of the “one size fits all” approach used with off-the-shelf hormones.
Hormone therapy requires appropriate testing, examination, and discussion of symptoms with a healthcare practitioner. We can help you find a practitioner who has experience with Natural Hormone Replacement Therapies.
Andropause Therapy “Male Menopause”
Just as women go through menopause, which causes a decrease in hormones, SO DO MEN.
Male Menopause, also called ANDROPAUSE, is not nearly as dramatic as the female version. Some men may actually go through a rather sudden change in testosterone levels that might correlate with the hormonal changes that women experience during menopause. However, most men experience a slower and often more subtle hormone decline.
When hormones are replaced or restored to physiologic levels considered normal for younger males, older men may experience a dramatic reversal of many of the changes caused by aging.
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy in men involves the use of the hormone Testosterone. Please note that natural Testosterone should not be confused with synthetic derivatives. Testosterone deficiency in males has been an unrecognized syndrome for many years, possibly because the blood levels of testosterone in men decrease over time.
Andropause Replacement Therapy may also include the addition of Pregnenolone, DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), Aromatase Inhibitors, Chrysin, Dihydrostestosterone, Zinc, Selenium, and other supplements.
There are many symptoms of testosterone deficiency that are sometimes referred to as the “grumpy man syndrome.”
Testosterone deficiency may consist of a variety of signs and symptoms including:
- Reduced libido or the reduced desire for sex
- Fatigue or a decrease in physical stamina
- Difficulty in maintaining erections
- Decrease in mental sharpness, or memory impairment
- Weight gain
- Feelings of depression and anxiety
- Heart disease
- Reduced muscle mass
- Disturbed sleep
- Low sperm count
- Slow wound healing
SandsRx Pharmacy will work together with you and your physician to decide which dosage form may be best suited to your needs.
Some Compounded Dosage Forms include:
- Transdermal : Testosterone is absorbed into the skin from creams and gels that can be applied to the body. No shaving is needed and the cream/gel absorbs rapidly thru the skin.
- Sublingual : (under the tounge) or Buccal – This is a good choice for rapid absorption. This includes sublingual drops, sublingual or buccal troches (gelatin or wax lozenges), which are absorbed through the oral mucosa. This unique dosage form can be flavored with over 100 flavors.
- Oral Capsules : an alternative dosage form when either topical or sublingual cannot be used.
Here are many of the possible benefits of Male Hormone Replacement Therapy:
- Improvement in psychological well-being and mood
- Improvement in erectile dysfunction
- Improvement in libido
- Increased muscle mass
- Increased strength and stature
- Preservation of bone mass
- The ability to re-establish a hormonal balance
Contact our Compounding Specialists for more information on how we can help you!